Monday 4 January 2010

Day one of the new career or how to quit the 9 to 5 and write iPhone games for a living

I've got the shiny new Mac set up in the spare bedroom. I'm not a Mac man. In fact I've argued the Mac vs PC war from the PC side for many a year. However until Apple decide to allow iPhone apps to be written with a PC I'm a Mac man. Or at least I'm grinning and bearing it. That's a little unfair maybe. So far it's been OK. After all I'm using a 2 button PROPER mouse so how different can it be right?

So, 11am already. I didn't actually start till 10am and then I had to set everything up, install some keyboard and mouse drivers and Messenger etc. Oh and get iTunes working. Can't work without music.

So this is post 1 of hopefully many on my way to make a living from iPhone. I'm guessing there's thousands in my position, thinking they can make money from iPhone. Well yes and I'm not deluding myself. It may not work. However I do have a slight advantage. I am, or was until 2 weeks ago, a professional game developer. Have been for a greater portion of my life too. 24 years and counting now. Back from the days when game development was done with assembly and graph paper no less!

Anyway, time to get on with some work. I've got some example source code and I've spent the last 3 days since I bought my lovely Mac Mini (did I say lovely, I meant smugly stylish) reading an iPhone book and looking at example code.

Onwards.......

No comments:

Post a Comment