Monday 4 January 2010

Day one - done


I meant to finish at about 7.30pm. It's now 1.04am and I'm still at it. I did have a break for beans on toast and Top Gear but that was about it.

So, how has day one gone? The Mac is now working properly, i.e. I've changed the keymappings on XCode to match Visual Studio and work is flowing a little quicker now. I thought since I've been using VS since it was launched it may be a bit stupid to maintain two sets of key configurations in my head when I can just remap the keys.

The coding is going well. I've got sprites loading and drawing and I'm recognising input from the touch screen. It's at this point I had a choice. Either continue on with the freestyle coding or actually take a step back and write a bit of a framework. I was very tempted just to push on and have a working game prototype in 2 days but this would just be for show off value and would ultimately lead to heartache while trying to maintain the mess. So step back has been taken and now I've got nothing on the screen!!!

Tomorrow I hope to have a texture / sprite loading framework in and have the basis of the game logic working. I also need to tidy my desk!!!

Anyway, the bed beckons and there's only so much Jonathan Coulton you can listen to on YouTube.


No comments:

Post a Comment